Today was the day that he got what he's been wanting! :) They are building a Sam's Club two blocks from his store. They were looking for a Human Resource and Membership Manager. HE APPLIED, INTERVIEWED AND GOT IT!! They actually hired him over the phone without even meeting him. There are many cool things about this news.
- Since Sam's Club is the same company as Wal*Mart, he carries his seniority, benefits, retirement plan, pay grade and vacation time all with him and loses none of that.
- He will have new things to do and new challenges.
- Sam's Club is closed for all the major holidays...no more working on the holidays!
- He'll be in on the ground floor of this brand new store and help to hire the employees.
- He'll be out of the madhouse that is Wal*Mart well before the crazy Christmas season!
- He'll never have to switch shifts or jobs within the store and possibly end up with 3rd shift as in the 24 hour WM store because Sam's closes at 9 PM and 7 PM on Sundays. They aren't open 24/7.
See ya next time! :o)