Saturday, July 19, 2008

What the Hell????


As you know, I quit smoking on May 25th. It's been going really well. :)

My plan was to start walking around the neighborhood, both as a distraction to lighting up and as more movement to hopefully ward off some of the expected weight gain. What has happened to me is kinda blowing my mind. I've never been a sporty, athletic person. I've never, ever liked exercise. I'm mostly a couch potato so I figured any small amount of extra movement (like walking) would be good. I started walking when when I started my quit. I started with a 1/2 mile, then1 mile, then a mile and a half.

The next thing I knew I was buying a workout DVD because I couldn't walk on rainy days and I MISSED IT. WTH????? LOL
So not only am I DOING it.....I'm LOVING it!!! WTH??????? Confused Confused Confused I mean it's great but I just don't get it. I keep waiting for the "newness" and "excitement" to wear off, for the honeymoon period to be over .... and I thought it would happen a hell of a lot sooner than this. LOL

Steve said to me yesterday, "I'm so proud of you. You are really doing this. And it doesn't seem like a chore for you." Yeah.....WTH?????????? Question Question Question Question Question Question

I'm doing the Walk Away The Pounds DVD. I got it at Walmart for 14 bucks and it included three different workouts AND the weighted balls. I did the 1 mile walk and now I'm doing the 2 mile walk...with weights!! So far, I have not gained any weight so my plan is working. I'm working out or walking 5-6 days a week.

The other day I was stressing BAD and craving BAD....but something odd happened. I wanted EITHER a smoke ....OR a workout. Like either one would help me feel better. WTH???? LOL I'm surprised and a little confused but happy. Go figure. LOL

See ya next time! :o)

No comments: