Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Tawt I Taw a Putty Tat


I wanted one for a long, long time. But I wanted it on the curve of my breast and my sister-in-law told me, NOOOO, don't get one THERE!!! (She is a big tattoo fan and has a lot of them.) She said, You know....they have to make the skin tight, so they have to hold on to SOMETHING. Don't get it there!


Well, I decided if I couldn't have one where I really wanted it, I wouldn't bother getting one. I didn't even know what I wanted yet but since it was not going to go where I wanted it, then never mind.

BUT I finally did it!!! 15 years later I finally did it! I think I was 35 or 36 years old. Mine was not an act of rebellion or anything like that. I had thought about it for years and years and finally knew what I wanted and where I wanted it. After my last child was born and we were done having children, I got three tiny, red rose buds on a green and yellow vine for my three kids. It's about as long as my index finger AND I got in on the upper curve of my right breast, just above the bra-line. I researched and chose a reputable, sterile tattoo place and my husband, Steve, came with me. There was no grabbing.....there was barely any touching and I didn't even have to take my bra off.

I am also a big baby so I was holding Steve's hand and waiting for pain....I was prepared for child-birth pain....LOL I thought it was needles poking you again and again and again and agggaiiiinnnnnn. AHHHHH! But to me it felt more like a dry pen being dragged across your skin, so I was very relieved after I had psyched myself up for PAIIIINNNN! ROFL

Anyway, I am so glad I got it. It is something that will never ever change or go out of style. I will always be a mom to three so my tattoo is very special to me. It's only seen when I want it to be seen since I'd have to wear something pretty low-cut, but it's still a little sexy when I wanna show it off. ;)

Last year I decided on one more tattoo. A pair of butterflies, one blue and one pink for Steve and I. I went back to the same tattoo artist and was once again very pleased with his work. My butterflies are over my left breast....kinda balances out the art. :)

See ya next time! :o)

No comments: