Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends out there! Being a mom is a hard job. The whole time you are raising your little ones, you are hoping that you are doing it right. You are hoping that when your kids get older that they will be good people and that you have made a connection with them that will last a life time. This is a job that you don't know if you are doing well until years later. No one gives you annual reviews. There are no merit raises to let you know you are doing a good job. You just do your best and hope your kids love you and turn out to be the good people you want them to be.

Today is Mother's Day and my three children gave me cards that were so wonderful, they brought me to tears. Cards they picked out and bought themselves, now that they are growing into young adults. I hope you don't mind if I share. Smile

Anthony

I hope your Mother's Day is
all sunshine and smiles!
Love,
Anthony

*************

Michael

There's very a special bond
between
a Mother and a Son --
A bond that
with each passing year,
becomes a stronger one --
It's made of
happy memories,
Of confidences shared,
Of things a mother's done to show
she understood and cared.
And though
that bond's unspoken,
it's both warm and very real.
And this son hopes that his mother knows
that's how he'll always feel.

I love you, Mom.
Thanks for always being there for me.
Your son,
Michael

*************

Kristi

Now that I'm older, I can see
even more clearly how truly lucky
I've been to have a mother like you.
You gave me independence,
but let me know you were there for me.
You let me learn from my own decisions
and my own mistakes
and helped me become my own person.
So I want to say thank you
from the bottom of my heart
and to say that my love
and respect for you
just keep growing all the time.

I love you so much.
Thanks for everything you've done for me.
Love,
Kristi

Needless to say, I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I sure hope you all did too!!

See ya next time! Smile

1 comment:

GatorMommy said...

Beautiful. I hope you wrote down how you raised your kids to be such special people. I need a copy of that book. I hope my children feel this way about me when they are young adults. :)