Saturday, May 31, 2008

I'm a quitter!

It's been a week since I've had a cigarette. Woohoo!! Seven days down and the rest of my life to go!! :o)

Steve and I quit together and it's been hard but I'm determined that this will be the last time I quit. I figured out last time that I CANNOT be a social smoker. I can't just take a drag or two. I can't smoke only at a party or a card game. I can't light one up with a glass of wine. Some people can but I'm sure not one of them. One drag, leads to one cigarette, leads to one pack and I'm right back to where I started.

So this time, I won't take that first drag. I have support from family and friends. I have a list of reasons why I don't want to be a smoker anymore. I have put away all the ashtrays. I have encouragement from my online buddies. And I have determination! I'll keep you updated!

See ya next time! :o)

No comments: