Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Connection

My kids often tease my husband and I about being mind melded or something of the sort. We often finish each other's sentences or I will see Steve looking for something and without asking him what it is he is looking for, will tell him where it is. Or one of us will say, "Ya know what I was thinking?" and the other will say, "Yeah me too!" Or Steve will say, "Honey, where's that thing?" "It's in the closet."

The kids are boggled at this. WHAT THING? How did you know what he was looking for? I guess time has made us so compatible that we just share a brain sometimes.

This morning, I walked into the room and Steve was in the middle of watching a movie. A guy on a flying dragon. It reminded me of a movie we used to watch with the kids but I couldn't think of the name of it. When he told me the name of the movie he was watching was Erogon, I said, "Oh, it looked like they re-made that movie....ya know the one? The one with the kid and the book and the apple?" He said, "Never Ending Story?" Yes...that one. LOL

Now if you've ever seen Never Ending Story, you'll know that maybe three minutes of that movie actually has a scene with a kid reading a book and eating an apple. The book he is reading is actually the story of the movie and the kid is actually going into the story and it's about all his adventures. And yet, Steve got my reference to this mystical, magical tale from what I said that really had NOTHING to do with the story. LOL

The boys just looked at us and shook their heads.

Our connection to each other is our Never Ending Story. :)

See ya next time! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hii chaffy..ii know that you are in the parenthood website and i have sent for a user name and stuff but it was taken so long its been two days and no reply how long does it take to get a reply from the board thiingy...iim tryiing to become a member of the expecting in august board.. can u please advise? i know this is ur personal website but i have no way of contacting you on the parenthood one?

many thanks
leydys